What You Say To Yourself If You Want To Be Like Lincoln
by Gene Griessman, Ph.D.
author of The Words Lincoln Lived By and “Lincoln on Communication”
One thing’s for sure. What you say to yourself–your self-talk–and how you see yourself determines who you are, and what you will become.
In order to help you think right, I’ve gone through the massive Lincoln literature to find a handful of pithy, authentic, powerful statements that Lincoln made–words that you can live by.
You can use these quotes as affirmations. (I’ve abbreviated them just a bit without changing their meaning in order to make you task of creating affirmations easier.)
It’s comparatively easy to create your own affirmations. The first Lincoln quote–“Your own resolution to succeed…” becomes the affirmation: “I am successful.” “Resolve to be honest,” becomes “I am honest,” “The leading rule…is diligence” becomes “I am diligent,” “I have an irrepressible desire…” becomes “The world will be better because I have lived in it,”and so on.
Is it worth thinking this way? The answer is yes, and the proof is Lincoln himself. If a poor, awkward, semi-literate boy growing up in the backwoods could become a legendary success, so can you.
Life-changing Quotations From Abraham Lincoln
- Your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.
- Never say “If I can.” Always say “I will.”
- The leading rule…for the man of every profession is diligence. Leave nothing for to-morrow, which can be done today.
- Avoid quarrels. No man who has resolved to make the most of himself can spare time for personal contention.
- Be so clear that no honest man can misunderstand you, and no dishonest man can misinterpret you.
- Get the books and read them carefully. Work, work, work is the main thing.
- Half-finished work is generally labor lost.
- When one is embarrassed, usually the best way to get through with it is to quit talking about it, or thinking about it, and go at something else.
- I’ll study and get ready, and then the chance will come.
- I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it.
Place your order now for an autographed copy of Gene Griessman’s latest Linconl and Obama for just $15.95. Free shipping in the U.S.”
—Gene Griessman is an award-winning professional speaker, actor, and consultant. His video “Lincoln on Communication” is owned by thousands of corporations, libraries, and government organizations. He has spoken at conventions all over the world. To learn more about his presentations, contact us at 404-435-2225 or email@example.com Learn more about Gene Griessman at presidentlincoln.com and atlantaspeakersbureau.com
Don’t leave yet. Check out more articles. You’re already here. Why rush off? Whatyousay.com is a gold mine. We guarantee you’ll be a better communicator if you spend time here.
Please consider making a donation to promote and sustain Whatyousay.com. Whatyousay.com supports the PRESIDENTLINCOLNFUND that takes Lincoln to schools and libraries.
“Dramatically change your life for just $9.95! You will learn how to complete important projects, find more time reach elusive goals, see your dreams come true, have success in your career, and feel inner satisfaction. These 99 principles tap into powerful sociological and psychological forces. Based on the best-seller Time Tactics of Very Successful People.”
99 WAYS TO GET MORE OUT OF EVERY DAY [Kindle Edition] $9.95
“Do just one of these time tactics for just one week, and we guarantee that you will more than pay for the price of this book. If it doesn’t happen, let us know and we will cheerfully refund your money.”–Gene Griessman
99 WAYS IS AVAILABLE ON KINDLE AT THE LINK BELOW